What’s your favorite pastime? Are you into sports? Or maybe you enjoy gaming or spending time outdoors. Whatever your favorite activity is, there’s a good chance you can enjoy it while under the influence of delta-9 THC. Yep, I said it!
Feeling adventurous and want to have a good time? Go ahead and click delta 9 THC gummies here… As you do, you might wonder, “What is Delta-9, and how long can it stay in my system?”
If you’re new on the scene, delta-9 is a type of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). You know, the stuff that gets you ‘nice and high.’ It’s the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. And it can be found in other forms of cannabis, like hashish and hash oil, but I digress.
Still with me? Great. Let’s shift gears and discuss how long delta-9 stays in your system. But first…
click here – oKhatrimaza: Free Movies Download – Is It Legal?
How It Gets into Your System
Various brands are keen to cash in on the current craze in cannabis-infused products. And that means they’ve come up with multiple ways to partake in delta-9. Some of the most common methods of consumption include:
- Topical application
- Oral ingestion
- Rectal administration
For instance, when you smoke or vape weed, delta-9 enters your system through your lungs. Your bloodstream then absorbs it and stores it in various organs. Afterward, it’s metabolized in your liver and excreted in urine and stool.
Variables Affecting How Long Delta-9 Stays in Your Body
Basically, it all comes down to how often you use delta-9 products. If you’re a first-time user, delta-9 can stay in your system for two to four days, give or take.
But if you’re a frequent user, it can be detectable for up to 30 days. Now, various other factors can impact how quickly delta-9 leaves your system, including:
- Your age – Generally, younger people metabolize drugs faster than old-timers.
- Weight – The heavier you are, the longer it takes to get delta-9 out of your system. The same goes for a fat percentage – the more body fat you have, ditto.
- General health – Smokers metabolize delta-9 slower than non-smokers. And if you have liver or kidney problems, it’ll take even longer.
- Metabolism – If your metabolism is fast, your body will clear delta-9 quicker.
- Amount of water you drink – Water offers the easiest way to flush out unwanted toxins.
- How much you consume – Talk of too much of a good thing. The more delta-9 you have in your system, the longer it’ll take to clear out.
There are several ways to test for delta-9 THC. The most common is a urine test, which can detect THC for up to 30 days after use. Why? Because your body’s fat cells stow THC for a long duration.
That said, the CDC reports that the body excretes roughly 20% of the THC consumed in urine. Other detection methods include:
- Blood tests – These can detect THC for up to 24 hours after use. For habitual users, delta-9 may linger in the system for up to seven days.
- Hair tests – Delta-9 can be detected in hair follicles for up to 90 days after use.
- Saliva tests – If you use cannabis infrequently, these tests can detect THC within 12 hours of use. For habitual users, the window period for detection extends to 30 hours. In fact, a recently developed rapid test detects THC within 5 minutes of use.
Notably, blood or plasma tests are not as common because they’re more expensive and invasive. Meanwhile, hair follicle tests are the most accurate.
How Does the Duration Impact You?
The effects of delta-9 THC can last for several hours. On average, the high from smoking typically lasts for two to four hours. But it can last longer if you take edibles because they take longer to digest.
What about legal implications? As noted, THC can stay in your system for weeks or even months. And that means you could fail a drug test long after the effects have worn off. Thus, if your hair follicles are tested, you could be in serious trouble, even if you only smoked delta-9 once.
So, the best way to avoid failing a drug test is to abstain from delta-9 altogether. I know – it’s easier said than done for habitual users. If you must partake, do so responsibly and always know your limits. All the same, if your job is on the line, it’s not worth the risk.
Hopefully, this informative post gives you a better understanding of how long delta-9 can stay in your system. Hence, as you go forth and enjoy your favorite pastime, remember to stay safe. Otherwise, you could end up jeopardizing your livelihood and prospects.