What are the Latest Software Used in 3D Animation?May 29, 2022
Animation is a fantastic skill to have in the modern world, which helps give face, expression, movement, and distinct characteristics to a comic strip character or a novel/book character. Animation helps to bring those characters to life on screen in such a manner that people from all walks of life and whatever age can relate to them. While the animation is generally 2D animation, the advent of 3D animation in the last 4-5 decades has helped give comics and cartoon characters a different dimension.
However, the use of 3D animation is mostly associated with films where characters, landscapes, and entire worlds are created; it is also used in the medical field (surgery model) and industrial fields (engineering model). 3D animation usage has grown, especially in areas where dimensions presented for viewing are too complex to understand in 2D but can be better viewed and understood with the help of 3D animation.
As 3D animation has evolved over the years, with better software pushing the bar evermore to make things uber-realistic, so has the demand for 3D artists and animators, who can make use of 3D animation software to their maximum potential. Audiences are drawn more toward an ever-increasing amount of 3D animated content; hence, the kind of 3D animation software used to create such content can be the deciding factor in the resultant quality of the content.
Some of the best and the latest software used to provide 3D animation services are as follows:
- Adobe 3D Animation Suite
One of the best animation software available allows users to animate, illustrate, character animation, illustration drawing, and photoshop sketch covering all aspects of animation, layout, design, and film-making. Some of its features are:
- Allows users to stretch their 2D artwork to maximum and create natural depth in 3D images.
- Adobe Character Animator allows users to subtract, add, and combine artwork and build detailed 3D drawings.
- It helps users to export animation in real-time to YouTube, Facebook Live, or any third-party app.
- Daz 3D
Daz 3D is an animation, rendering, and figure posing, application for animation designers. It helps create 3D human models, adds light, and texture to the image. Some of its features are:
- It provides 3D motion pictures, animation, and posing.
- It allows models to be hand-painted with details.
- It allows the import of content into other 3D software tools and the export of animated end products in various formats.
MotionBuilder is a 3D character animation software that can be used for virtual cinematography, motion capture, as well as traditional keyframe animation. Some of its features are:
- Users can edit, capture, and playback characters in 3D animation.
- It helps manipulate data for motion capturing.
- It allows users data exchange options with other animation apps like 3Ds Max, Maya, and MotionBuilder.
A 3D animation tool, CrazyTalk allows users facial image animation options with test and voice. It lets them use the intensity of their voice to drive real-time animations. It also allows 3D editing with modified sliders, muscle control, and expression templates. Some of its features are:
- It helps transform a photo into 3D heads in real-time, by using front and side photos together for accurate looks.
- It helps dress up and customize design accessories.
- Perform timeline editing using motion clips and individual part control.
Maxon is a 3D modeling, rendering, and motion software. It can be used for 3D animation, lighting, and 3D texturing. It also helps users work on 3D graphics and animation. Even if users outsource graphic design services, they can specify their use as and when required. Some of its features are:
- It helps to create both abstract and realistic 3D models.
- It allows users to choose fonts from the drop-down menu showing a preview.
- It offers shaders and procedural objects as options, which makes it easier to refine ideas.
A 3D painting tool, Mari allows users to add texture around objects. A top-rated 3D animation app, it provides HD textures by the hundreds and has a Python API that helps automate workflows. Some of its features are:
- This tool supports UDIM workflows and makes adjustments to your paint before working on a photo.
- It allows users to import and convert texture into a Mari material.
- It facilitates UV-based texture with Ptex format support.
A fully integrated 3D game development engine, Unity has unique functionalities that allow users to create 3D games and other interactive 3D content. It also helps them convert separate pieces of art and assets into various types of environments and corresponding scenes. Users can specify the Unity software’s use even if they outsource graphic designing. Some of its features are:
- It can be used for Linux, Windows, and Mac environments.
- It can be used both for 2D and 3D animation development.
- It helps users quickly create interfaces intuitively and collaborate with others.
A 3D computer graphics software app, Blender is ideally suited for developing animated movies, visual effects, and games. A free 3D animation software allows users to export or import videos in QuickTime, AVI, and MPEG file formats. Some of its features are:
- It provides a Python API for a variety of customization and scripting.
- It has a path tracer that allows realistic rendering.
- Users can create, edit, transform, and sculpt models in real-time.
Today, numerous outsourcing firms provide state-of-the-art visual imagery services, including 3D animation for developing feature-length animation movies, short-form media, corporate presentations, brand and image marketing, educational videos, etc. Leveraging their expertise can help you create high-quality 3D animation designs.