Static Caravan known as mobile homes stay on one site for many years as semi-permanent structures. Every type of caravan insurance has its own requirements. The static caravan insurance policy is similar to home insurance cover. If you are a owner of a static caravan it is suggested that you protect it in case of nay accidents. If the caravan is left unused for a long time then it is at higher risk of water damage which might cause due to leakage.
What does Static Caravan Insurance cover?
The static caravan insurance depends on the policy taken and covers public liability and theft. It also covers damage that is due to unexpected events like accidents, severe weather, or fire. You can even add extra protection for homecare emergencies, home property or legal protection.
What are Static Caravan Insurance Policies?
Static caravan insurance policies are insurance policies designed to protect your static caravan against various risks, such as damage, theft or loss. Static caravan are often used as holiday homes and are usually situated in a fixed location such as a caravan park or a holiday park. The insurance policy typically cover the static caravan, any attached structures, and any contents that are owned by the policyholder.
Some common coverage options for static caravan insurance policies include:
- Accidental Damage Cover – This covers the costs of repairs of replacement if your static caravan is accidentally damage.
- Strom and Flood Damage Cover – This covers the costs of repairs or replacement if your caravan is damaged due to a storm or flooding.
- Theft and vandalism cover – This covers the costs of repairs or replacement if your static caravan is stolen or vandalized.
- Contents Cover – This covers the contents of your static caravan such as furniture, appliances and personal belongings.
- Public Liability Cover – This covers the cost of any damages or injuries caused to third parties while on your static caravan’s premises.
The specific coverage options available will vary depending on the insurance provider and the policy. It is important to carefully review and compare policies to ensure that you have the right level of coverage of your needs.
What additional cover can you get on a static caravan insurance policy?
Some of the insurance providers have their own static caravan insurance to meet the specific needs. If something is missed out, you may be able to add it on. Some of the additional extras can be included in static caravan insurance policy. They are:-
- Rental Cover – If you rent your static caravan or its contents to holiday makers, they may damage your caravan either accidentally or intentionally. You will have to bear the whole loss and the guests might not pay you a penny. Rental cover will enable you to be protected against any of these damages.
- Homecare Emergency – You will need to pay for the home emergency cover which will give you protection against water supply problems, electricity or gas..
Do I need Static Caravan Insurance Cover?
Static caravan insurance is not a legal requirement but some of the providers insist that your caravan should be kept on their sites. Static caravan insurance covers your property or its contents if it get damaged due to any sudden circumstances. If your static caravan is costly, it should be insured with the correct amount of insurance.
For static caravan insurance, NACO are a leading UK provider who provides the members with the comprehensive static caravan advice and support services. If you are in UK you can contact us https://www.nacoservices.com/