The essentials in brief
- You can book a rental car either directly from one of the many rental companies or via an online portal.
- On good online portals you will find the widest range and can compare the prices in advance.
- You also have an additional contact person in the event of problems with the owner.
This is how you do it
- Book your rental car as early as possible.
- It is best to choose an offer with fully comprehensive insurance without excess and liability with high coverage. This is how you avoid problems.
- Use one of the large rental car portals to book: OneClickDrive as Car rental Dubai is recommended.
You need a rental car above all if you start your vacation by plane and want to be mobile again at the vacation spot. For many, it is also an alternative to owning a car.
How much you have to pay for the rented car depends on a number of factors: When you rent, for how long and what other conditions apply.
It is all the more important that you calmly compare the prices before the rental period and do not book at short notice or even on site. Numerous rental car portals on the Internet help you to find an inexpensive and good offer. In this guide we will show you what to look out for.
Where can you find the best rental car deals?
The offers of the rental car companies differ considerably. In addition, there are three types of providers on the market: On the one hand, there are the classic rental companies who offer you their own vehicles on site.
Finally, there are various online platforms that bundle the offers from direct providers and rental car brokers. The advantage for you: There you will find the widest range, you can easily compare prices and conditions and also book directly.
You should know that the comparison portals only convey the offers of the owners at first. On the portal, you can choose an ideal offer with the help of many filter options. After your booking, you will first receive a reservation confirmation or a so-called voucher from the portal. You then only conclude the actual rental contract on site at the pick-up station.
What should you pay attention to when booking a rental car?
Rental car prices are constantly changing. However, there are a few things you can do to save money:
- Book as early as possible and from home
- Use a Local-language comparison portal
- Use different search settings
- The best tank policy is “full-full”
- Choose unlimited kilometers if you want to drive a lot
- Beware of extra costs for one-way rentals
- Avoid expensive extras
- In Monsoon: Include tires in your search query
- Make sure you have adequate insurance coverage
- Fully comprehensive insurance without excess
- Insure glass, tires and underbody separately
- Liability insurance with high coverage
- Theft insurance with co-payment
- Do you already have motor vehicle liability insurance?
- Passenger insurance is superfluous
What do you have to pay attention to in the rental conditions?
Important information can be hidden in the rental conditions. You should therefore clarify any open questions with the provider – preferably before you pick up the car.
- Cancellation deadlines
- Payment options
- Driver’s license and minimum age
- Across national borders
So you can pick up the rental car without any problems
When you pick up the car, you will need to show your driver’s license, ID card and a credit card, usually that of the main driver. In rare cases, this also has to be the credit card with which you booked the offer.
If an additional driver is to be registered, he or she must also be present and present a driver’s license and identity card. You should also bring the booking confirmation or the so-called voucher that you will receive after booking. Important: You should know what you have booked and what not. Compare the rental contract that you will receive on site with the services from the voucher. Don’t be afraid to ask if anything is unclear.
If the owner wants to talk you into additional services such as insurance, do not rush to accept them. If you have followed our advice, you will have booked all the insurances and extras you want in advance through the organizer – this is much cheaper than on site.
If you discover any damage or defects, it is essential to have them noted in the handover protocol. Because everything that you do not state can be blamed on you later. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can also take photos of the damage.