Node JS Certification and Why You Should Get ItFebruary 5, 2022
The Open JS Foundation announced the Node JS certification a few years ago. For the ecosystem of Node JS and the community, this was big news. A lot of reactions and responses were prompted by the launch of this certification. The purpose of this article is to highlight the pros and cons, the principles and some causes for the existence of the certification so that one can determine whether you should get it.
The Reasons Behind the Certification
- Opportunity Creation – The Node JS certification forms the opportunities for developers to exhibit their skills and enable them to join a project of an enterprise through a route other than the traditional one.
- Skill-level Standardization – In order to standardize skills and knowledge, the certification has proved to be useful. It offers a minimum requirement, a new baseline where developers can transform themselves.
- Demand vs Availability – Although there is a high demand for developers of Node JS, their availability is rather challenging. With the help of the certification, qualified developers can be identified and the gap between availability and demand can be reduced.
- Maturing Industries – Initially introduced ten years ago, Node JS has reached a point of maturation with new needs and challenges. Expertise can be standardized with this certification across the industry.
The Principles Behind the Certification
- Avoiding implementation pedantry – The focus of the Node JS certification is not on how one implements a solution but only on the fact that they can solve it.
- Solving problems over solving puzzles – The examination highlights resolving real-life issues instead of emphasizing technical conundrums.
- Supporting real-world practices – the central purpose of the certification is to assist test takers in applying their acquired knowledge in the real world. In that case, one can only come across common day-to-day problems.
- Library/Framework agnostic – The examination does not focus on any particular library or framework. Its goal is to measure one’s knowledge of Node JS as a whole.
- Outcome focused – How one solves the problem is not of any importance as long as they reach the correct outcome. One can use or not use a specific library. They can also use an approach that is rather non-traditional in order to solve the question.
click here – Best long range electric scooters in 2022
Pros and Cons
- The certification helps people who have a hard time in technical interviews by acknowledging their capabilities with the tech in question.
- You will witness a potential rise in your earnings.
- It is now easier for companies to hire and find experts in Node JS.
- The most use of the certification is to prove one’s knowledge in the enterprise. However, it may not be equally useful if one is working independently unless they wish to measure their skills in the ecosystem.
The community feedback regarding the cost is familiar to the Open JS Foundation and they are consequently working towards a way to solve the issue as soon as possible.